Couchbase Open Source Database Named Winner in 2012 InfoWorld Bossie Awards Leading NoSQL Database Recognized as One of the Best Open Source Databases of the Year
© Marketwire 2012
19.09.2012 17:04:28 -
The InfoWorld Bossie Awards recognize each year the best business-oriented open source software products. Couchbase was named among other leading innovative open source databases.
Couchbase is an open source NoSQL database optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. It automatically distributes data across commodity servers or virtual machines.
"We're excited that Couchbase was named a winner of the 2012 Bossie Awards," said Bob Wiederhold, President and CEO of Couchbase. "With its easy scalability, consistent high performance, and always-on availability, Couchbase is an ideal NoSQL database technology for developers building serious web applications."
"Couchbase's transition to a document database will give MongoDB a run for its money," said Andrew Oliver, President of Open Software Integrators and InfoWorld Contributor. "It is multithreaded per node, which can be a major scalability benefit -- especially when hosted on custom or bare-metal hardware. With some nice integration features, including with Hadoop, Couchbase is a great choice for an operational data store."
In addition to using the open source code, developers can also download packaged binaries : http://www.couchbase.com/download of Couchbase database technology: Couchbase Server Community Edition is available free of charge, and Couchbase Server Enterprise Edition is available as a paid annual subscription.
Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta is now available : http://www.couchbase.com/couchbase-server/beta for download, and will be featured at Couchbase's second annual CouchConf conference in San Francisco this Friday, September 21. Those interested can learn more : http://www.couchbase.com/couchconf-san-francisco about harnessing powerful NoSQL technology for web applications and real world use cases from companies including Orbitz, LinkedIn, Sabre Holdings, McGraw Hill, Shuffle Master, and more.
Additional Online Resources
- View : http://www.couchbase.com/couchconf-san-francisco CouchConf San Francisco sessions on September 21
- Download : http://www.couchbase.com/couchbase-server/beta Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta
- Follow : http://www.twitter.com/couchbase @Couchbase on Twitter
- Like : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Couchbase/159035930813922?sk=wall Couchbase on Facebook
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server : http://www.couchbase.com/couchbase-server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It's easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server's high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always-on availability: Couchbase Server's high availability features means applications are always online, 24x7x265. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware -- or recovering from a disaster -- Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible data model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
About InfoWorld Media Group
InfoWorld Media Group helps IT Decision Makers choose the right technology, within the context of a cohesive strategy for business impact at their organizations. InfoWorld identifies and promotes emerging technology segments that add unique value for the organizations that implement them, as well as the vendors that provide those solutions. Using an integrated communications approach including online, events, research, and a continued investment in an independent Test Center, InfoWorld analysts and editors provide hands-on analysis and evaluation, as well as expert commentary on issues surrounding emerging technologies and products. Visit InfoWorld at http://www.infoworld.com : http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infoworld.com&esheet=6854003&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infoworld.com&index=6&md5=68b805c7fba0665cd7e40828bee1fd90 .
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures. Couchbase is also the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com : http://www.couchbase.com/
LEWIS Pulse for Couchbase
Email Contact : http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=9D24E8D42A0FB5A8